Free Health Curriculum
Free Health Curriculum To help homeschoolers find a free health curriculum for homeschool, we have prepared a comprehensive and holistic list of lessons that any child can study with their parents in the comfort of their home. We have decided that the lessons should not only be theoretical but most of all, practical. We will be dividing this module into different chapters so that the student and their guardian won’t lose track of the flow.
Chapter 1 – Health and Wellness Free Health Curriculum
To help homeschooler find
free health curriculum for homeschool, we have prepared lessons in this chapter that will introduce and later test the student on the basics of the field of health.
Look into the meaning of health.
Learn. the different types of health.
Find out different healthy habits that should be practiced.
Learn the five senses.
Chapter 2 – Physical Health Free Health Curriculum
To help homeschoolers find a “free health curriculum for homeschool,” we have prepared lessons in this chapter that will introduce the concepts of personal health care, weight management, nutrition for health, and eating behaviors.
- Look into the importance of sleep.
- Learn the process of metabolism.
- Find out the advantages of physical activity and body image.
- Explore personal diet.
- Learn safe food handling.
- Look into the different environmental hazards:
- Too much sunlight
- Air pollution
- Study the different body systems:
- Cardiovascular system
- Digestive system
- Endocrine system
- Female reproductive system
- Male reproductive system
- Immune system
- Nervous system
- Respiratory system
- Explore the importance of proper hygiene.
- Look into nutrition and healthy foods.
- Study water safety.
- Discuss obesity.
- Learn the causes of different food allergies.
- Learn how and when to see a medical practitioner (doctor, dentist, etc.)
Chapter 3 – Emotional Health Free Health Curriculum
To help homeschoolers find a free health curriculum for homeschool, we have prepared lessons in this chapter to tackle mental and emotional problems, stress and stress management, and relationships.
- Identify the different approaches to dealing with stress.
- Study issues of grief and loss.
- Look into the different mental and emotional disorders and how to deal with them.
- Discuss suicide prevention and treatment.
- Explore the negative and positive effects of stress.
- Learn how to end up with conflict resolution.
- Study the meaning of empathy.
- Look into the issues surrounding peer pressure.
- Discuss self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Explore matters of getting along and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Study the causes and effects of bullying.
- Look into the reasons for eating disorders.
- Learn the role of the family in one’s well-being.
- Discuss matters on dating and making healthy decisions.
- Explore topics of marriage, starting a family, and growing old.
Chapter 4 – Vices Free Health Curriculum
To help homeschoolers find a free health curriculum for homeschool, we have prepared lessons in this chapter to cover drugs, alcohol, and cigarette smoking.
- Look into medicines and recreational drugs.
- Study the effects of these drugs if used without a doctor’s prescription.
- Explore the side effects and risks of smoking.
- Identify the side effects and risks of alcohol.
- Discuss the different available inhalants, stimulants, and depressants, as well as their effects.
Chapter 5 – Diseases and Injuries Free Health Curriculum
To help homeschoolers find a free health curriculum for homeschool, we have prepared lessons to introduce concepts of the different types of diseases.
- Study the various types of communicable diseases, how to prevent and cure them.
- Explore the different kinds of sexually transmitted diseases, how to prevent and cure them.
- Look into the different types of noncommunicable diseases, how to prevent and cure them.
- Discuss the various kinds of disabilities.
- Learn the causes and symptoms of different injuries.
Summary of Free Health Curriculum
We hope that this curriculum will be of great help in spreading the importance of health education even for homeschool